Similarly to the previous years, the exhibition was dominated by the latest achievements in the field of security systems based on IP transmission. The prevailing trends can be identified on the basis of the prizes that have been awarded.
The winner of the competition in the category of innovative solutions and the best equipment was a portable camera from Sesys company. It enables quick assembly thanks to universal outdoor housing with built-in rechargeable battery and module for wireless transmission in 3G/GPRS networks. The camera is ideal for monitoring of mass open-air events.
The product of the year was ceiling megapixel camera of Mobotix, allowing 360o observation. It is worth to notice this choice due to the general trend of using megapixel IP cameras with wide-angle lenses instead of PTZ devices.
The best software product became Emergency Messaging and Mass Notification System developed by Dedicated Micros company, based on NetVu technology. The application award winner was CEM Systems that had implemented large scale access control project with over 1,000 IP card readers and advanced smart card technology at Heathrow airport.
- maximum difference between signal levels of any channels received by the antennas: 10 dB,
- maximum cable length between any outlet and amplifier output: 30 m (which means 5.4 dB attenuation for highest UHF channels),
- the cabling uses the best in the market coaxial cable: TRISET-113 E1015, E1017,
- minimum signal level in subscriber outlet: 62 dBuV,
- maximum signal level in subscriber outlet: 80 dBuV,
- the network distributes 7 terrestrial TV channels,
- isolation between outlets: 44 dB (the outlets are connected via taps).
The calculations have to be performed for the maximum and minimum signal levels (band amplifiers cannot equalize individual channels, in contrast with channel amplifiers).
Minimum number of passive elements for 32-outlet system
Minimum number of passive elements for 48-outlet system
Minimum number of passive elements for 256-outlet system
Number of outlets
Type of amplifier
Maximum output level
Reduction of maximum output level due to multiple channels
Attenuation of E1015 cable (30m) and connector (1dB)
Tap attenuation: O-8-18 R602818
Outlet attenuation: Signal R694100
Output signal level (outlet) for the channel with the highest signal level
Output signal level (outlet) for the channel with the lowest signal level
green - amplifier suitable for the distribution network
red - amplifier unsuitable for the distribution network
Larger networks have to be based on ZG channel amplifiers that have high output level and do not require its reduction. They allow to equalize all channel levels and set the uniform level so that the signals in outlets do not exceed 80 dBuV.
Megapixel cameras meet this demand and are becoming popular in these applications. The overall calculation shows that this solution is not much expensive, because the same area can be monitored with a smaller number of cameras. The advantage of megapixel monitoring is even better coverage of the area and several times better resolution in comparison with analog devices.
Single megapixel camera can cover both sides of the pump. In the case of standard equipment two cameras were needed.
The most popular megapixel cameras have resolutions from 1.3 Mpix (1280 x 1024) to 5 Mpix (2560 x 1920).
The unquestioned leader in terms of quality to price ratio is the 2 Mipx (1600 x 1200) camera DS-852MF-E K1441. It is manufactured by HIKVISION, known as the producer of reliable ULTIMAX DVRs.
The camera can be managed with free firmware or with professional surveillance suites like ULTISYSTEM or NetStation of Alnet.
If an IP device is equipped with audio channel and microphone, ULTISYSTEM can capture and record sound from maximum 18 audio channels.
Graphical user interface allows to declare quality of recording, playback volume, response of the system - independently for each channel. Adjustable audio-detection levels can trigger alarms and change operation of cameras (including PTZ presets), according to predetermined schedule.
When the IP device also has line/loudspeaker output it is possible to use voice broadcast function.
The images from the cameras are recorded by six ACTi NVR servers, with access via five client stations. Each of the stations (surveillance post) can independently monitor part of the system, allowing each operator to focus on limited number of images.
The employed ACTi cameras provide high quality images of 1.3 Mpix resolution, managed by NVR software allowing multi-server mult-client operation. There is possibility of remote access via the Internet. PoE technology enabled easy installation of the extensive system.
The basic component of any HotSpot is Access Point - the device that bridges the wireless and wired network. A perfect device for this purpose is ULTIAIR - 417SB N2330. This professional, outdoor Access Point has been designed for creating efficient wireless IP CCTV and ISP networks. The device operates in unlicensed 5 GHz band. The RouterBoard with Mikrotik level 4 system has been put in outdoor housing of IP 66 class, which guarantees full protection against adverse weather conditions and corrosive environments including industry.
The advantages of HotSpot based on ULTIAIR-417SB N2330:
- possibility of seamless service for up to 64 users (each unit),
- dynamic adjustment of connection speeds of the users,
- possibility of limiting maximum connection speed,
- possibility of limiting connection time of a single user (automatic disconnection),
- possibility of displaying commercials in specified time intervals,
- possibility of placing a custom home page (of the sponsor of the HotSpot),
- possibility of access scheduling,
- domain filtering,
- possibility of requesting authentication and authorization: user/password, mac (for paid hotspots),
- possibility of displaying information on login screen.
- no need for additional cabling,
- possibility of printing from many computers,
- possibility of printing from any location within the wireless network with print server,
- continuous monitoring of operating status and network connection.
- in the first mode (Ad-hoc) the Wireless Print Server TL-WPS510U N3310 enables direct printing of materials from any computer equipped with wireless adapter (laptop) on standard USB printer.
- in the second mode (Infrastructure) the print server allows to print materials on standard USB printer from any computer in the local network equipped with access point (e.g. N2940).
9-cable system - multiswitch installations. The most flexible multiswitch installations in multi-story buildings are based on 9-cable system (signals from two Quatro LNBs and terrestrial TV antenna). On each floor we employ the splitter providing signals to multiswitches. It allows to shape the network according to actual requirements - we may deploy practically unlimited number of outlets...
- archive DWR of Jan. 14, 2008
MIG-29 - 3.5" service LCD monitor - useful device for CCTV installer. Service monitor MIG-29 M3104 is a very handy device for anyone installing and configuring CCTV systems...
- archive DWR of Dec. 10, 2007
Size of an object on monitor screen. According to EN 50132-7 norm, the size of the representation of an object, e.g. human figure should be strictly connected with the aim of the operator - identification, recognition, detection or general observation...
- archive DWR of Nov. 26, 2007
Index of published issues
Megapixel revolution in Prague - Pragoalarm/Pragosec 2009. Where is the tower? - A city of unusual wine. HOTEL CENTURIA...